August 18 in broadcasting history

1937 The first FM radio construction permit was issued. It went to W1X0J (later to become WGTR) in Boston, MA. The station went on the air two years later.  In November of 1943, WGTR is owned by General Tire Company. In 1944 WGTR, Boston was licensed to The Yankee Network Inc Frequency: 44 3mc. Service Area  19,000 sq mi. Personnel John Shepard 3d, Chairman of the board- see Yankee Network. | See Wikipedia

Popular Posts